HEAD OF ENGLISH
Required for 4th January 2021 (or as soon as possible after)
MPS plus TLR 1a
Candidates who are shortlisted for interview will be asked to attend the school on Friday 23rd October. During the interview, candidates will be asked to deliver a 25 minute lesson to a group of Year 10 students. The aim of the lessons should be to develop the pupils' reading skills. In addition, candidates will be asked to prepare a 10 minute presentation on their vision for the St. Joseph's English department. There will be a formal interview with governors to complete the process.
The Governing Body of St Joseph’s Catholic School & Sixth Form Centre are seeking to appoint a committed, excellent teacher with outstanding leadership skills to inspire and lead others in the shared vision and mission of the school.
The role will provide a first-rate opportunity to demonstrate your ability to lead and make a measurable impact on the success of the school as part of this successful English department. The department offers both English literature and English language at AS and A Level and the ideal candidate would be able to teach at KS5.
This is an exciting chance to join a dynamic, community-focused and innovative school and work with wonderful students, committed staff and a supportive leadership team.
The successful candidate will be:
- an ambitious, hardworking and talented teacher
- an outstanding classroom teacher with high expectations of students’ achievements and attitudes
- knowledgeable and up-to-date on current education practice and developments
- able to motivate others and work as part of a team
- an excellent communicator with a calm disposition and welcoming manner
- able to demonstrate the ability to raise standards in teaching and learning
- able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
We can offer you:
- a caring, happy school with a strong Catholic ethos
- friendly and committed staff who are supportive of each other and open to new ideas
- a commitment to Continuous Professional Development
- a forward thinking, former Curriculum Pioneer School in relation to Successful Futures
Applications are welcomed from highly motivated, ambitious and experienced teachers who are looking forward to a new challenge.
Applicants are welcome to visit the school by appointment.
Applicants will need to complete the CES application form and should use the supporting statement to explain why they believe they are suitable for the role. The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 21st October 2020 (noon). Shortlisting will take place immediately after this deadline.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all members of staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post. Prospective applicants should be aware that before any offer of appointment is confirmed, the successful candidate will be subject to the relevant Enhanced DBS screening. Proof of identity and qualifications will also be required.
St Joseph's Catholic School and Sixth Form Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.