The City of Leicester College (TCOLC) is seeking to employ an enthusiastic and highly motivated Head of Expressive Arts to join their talented middle leadership team.
Who are we looking for?
Our successful candidate will be a skilful, knowledgeable and passionate individual, who prides themselves on having the highest standards for themselves and for others. They will be a team player, who leads by example, inspires trust, motivates others and works collaboratively to become an appreciated member of the of the TCOLC middle leadership team. They will be both a strategic and creative thinker, who can draw on their own knowledge, research and experiences to lead the further improvements of our ambitious Performing Arts department. TCOLC is committed to developing leadership excellence, making this role particularly suitable for an individual who aspires to a future in senior leadership
Our ideal candidate seeks to ensure ambition for all students. They are simply a brilliant teacher, who believes our young people deserve the very best. They will inspire students to develop a love of performing arts through their excellent teaching, up to date subject pedagogy and will create a supportive learning environment enabling every individual to realise their full potential.
Our newest member of the TCOLC middle leadership team is a supportive and respected colleague, who is dedicated to raising standards. They understand the importance of building strong professional relationships and are committed to developing themselves and others alongside our dedicated senior leadership team.
Who are we?
The City of Leicester College is a thriving multi-cultural 11-19 college, with 1750+ students on roll, which includes a highly successful sixth form of 350+. Whilst we are the largest school in the city we maintain a distinct identity and prioritise the health and wellbeing of our staff and students alike.
We are ambitious for all students and recent changes to senior and middle leadership as well as a successful Ofsted visit, mean the college is poised to fulfil its potential.
For the successful candidate we can offer:
- Working in a challenging, rewarding inner-city multi-cultural, multi-faith community
- Above national recommended non-contact time to enable you to be an effective leader and teacher who has impact, e.g. maximum of 34 teaching per fortnight for a HOD
- A supportive and purposeful induction programme for all staff including mentoring and coaching
- Bespoke CPD pathways, designed to meet the interests, needs and experience of our leaders, e.g. Leading Change – specifically aimed at those ambitious for future middle and senior leadership opportunities
- A fantastic, well-resourced inspiring learning environment
- Committed, enthusiastic, creative staff and students
- A friendly and supportive working environment where people genuinely work as a team in order to deliver the highest standards for our students
- Access to excellent technology resources, including laptops for all staff
- Dedicated health and wellbeing forum and calendared HWB activities
Please attach a cover letter to your application, no longer than two sides of A4, outlining how your skills and experience make you a suitable candidate for this role.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Closing date for applications:
Monday 23 May at 8.00am with interviews most likely to take place in the same week.
The City of Leicester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is eligible for a DBS check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (i.e. it involves certain activities in relation to children and/or adults) and is defined as regulated activity under Part 1 of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006. This post is designated as a regulated activity and requires enhanced criminal records check for a regulated activity (including a barred list check)