Head of Finance - Bristol - Permanent £55,000 - £60,000
Bristol MAT seeking a Head of Finance to join them as soon as possible.
This post has a number of key responsibilities:
1. To provide oversight of all financial controls within the organisation
2. To develop the finance system to ensure its effective use by all
3. To oversee the funds in the academy and ensure that cash movement is monitored and expenditure by fund is accurate
4. To report on the financial position of the organisation and develop the use of reporting for all
5. To undertake the responsibility of Chief Financial Officer for the Trust.
6. To develop and line manage the Financial Shared Services staff
Leadership and Development of the Finance Function
• To act as the lead for all Finance matters for all Trust Schools; and as the external-facing lead for the Trust
• Lead and oversee the development of a centralised finance function, and to establish an effective finance directorate, operational delivery team and efficient financial shared services.
• As a member of the Senior Leadership Team to take shared responsibility for the development and improvement of the whole Trust
• Set and maintain the strategy and direction for financial management
• To be the responsible Officer for the Main Board Finance Committee ensuring that the committee runs effectively, receives strategic information, and is appraised of risk to enable members to discharge their duty and to hold the Trust to account
• To develop strategic partnerships to enable the Trust to grow and develop
• Recruit and deploy the Financial Shared Services Team to best effect across all areas of financial processing, operational tasks and management
• Develop and embed best practice to ensure the Trust has strong and sustainable financial structure
• Ensuring training and development underpin an effective function through defining, planning, establishing and leading the delivery of a professional annual programme of training and development for all tiers of Trust financial engagement.
A professional who has worked within the education sector and holds a good understanding of Multi Academy Trust reporting. This role will be a full time permanent opportunity for an individual who can travel and work from academy locations within the group.
The trust utilises PS financials and Orovia systems along with the usual office based applications.
Salary guideline for this role will be £55,000 - £60,000
For more information and an immediate introduction please contact Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org