As a 7-18 State Boarding School, we are seeking a Head of Food Prep and Nutrition to provide inspirational leadership of the Food Prep and Nutrition department and effective delivery of an outstanding Prep and Nutrition curriculum ensuring all our pupils make excellent progress.
Our Food Prep and Nutrition department is part of the Art and Technology Faculty. A Faculty Leader is in place and the successful post-holder would join as part of the Faculty leadership structure.
The successful candidate would inspire teachers and pupils to have a passion for the subject and to ensure the Food Prep and Nutrition department is a vibrant department within the school community. The successful candidate will be:
• Committed to the teaching of Food Prep and Nutrition in Key Stage 2, 3 and 4;
• An excellent classroom practitioner with understanding of high-quality teaching and learning;
• Experienced in successful teaching of Food Prep and Nutrition to GCSE level and of raising attainment;
• Able to create and lead departmental development and be experienced in supporting other staff to enhance teaching and learning;
• Committed to regular and on-going professional development.
Single or larger rent-free accommodation may be available for the appointee in return for boarding duties.
Closing Date: Friday 13th November 2020, 9.00 am
Interview Date: Friday 20th November 2020 (by Microsoft Teams)
The school reserves the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
The Royal Alexandra & Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.