Eteach are currently working with an outstanding Ofsted rated secondary school in the London Borough of Islington who are looking for a head of food technology to join their fantastic team on a full-time permanent basis, however, a part-time option of 4 days a week is also available.
Pay Scale: MPS/UPS + TLR2B (£4,783pa)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead on the Food Technology course including producing schemes of work, working on assessment framework and assisting other teachers who may teach the subject.
• Ensure that lessons are engaging and stimulating taking into account individual needs of the students.
• Contribute to objectives of the curriculum area within the school objectives and take part in an annual review of the subject and curriculum area.
• Monitor the progress and achievement of the students following the course and identify the appropriate intervention strategies for underachieving students.
• Assess appropriately the work of the students following the course in accordance with the school assessment policy.
• Ensure relevant homework is set and marked providing the students with meaningful feedback.
Skills and knowledge
• Excellent teaching skills.
• Extensive knowledge of the National Curriculum for Food Technology.
• Ability to effectively assess and track students’ progress.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a range of audiences
• Ability to use ICT to facilitate learning and for effective management and administration.
• Awareness of the issues arising from teaching students in an inner city setting.
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• A commitment to inclusive education and equality of opportunity.
• Inner London Weighting Allowance
• Opportunities of promotion, including an award of a TLR for taking on additional responsibilities within a department or across the school
• Coaching programme to support professional development (replacing the three performance management lesson observations a year)
• Designated team to support new colleagues and NQTs
• Workload-friendly assessment policy
• Centralised teaching resources significantly reducing the teacher’s workload and supporting collaboration within the departments
• Generous allocation of preparation and marking time
• Centralised detention system
• Administrative support with certain departmental tasks
• Travel loans
• Cycle scheme
• Gym membership scheme
• Free gym facilities on site available before and after school
• Childcare vouchers scheme
• Pension scheme
• On site carpark (limited spaces) and cycle storage
• Great location with Old Street (1 min away on foot), Liverpool Street (10 min) and Moorgate (10 min) stations nearby
If you are interested in this role then please email an updated CV to Cdamico@eteach.com or call 01276 674150 for further details.
To be eligible for any role with Eteach Agency you must:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online Update Service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional child related references.
Eteach Agency is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. Eteach is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of work.