Leading aim: ‘Every learner shall achieve their maximum potential and enjoy the process’
We are looking for a passionate Head of Geography to lead the team and deliver high-quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our students and staff. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school.
This post has come up because our current Head of Department will be our Assistant SENCO in September. Dene Magna is a successful, oversubscribed and high achieving nationally acclaimed ‘Outstanding’ Teaching School situated in a beautiful part of the country, enjoying easy links to surrounding towns and cities. You will have the opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflection and you will be at the forefront of the commencement of our new Sixth Form. We hold the Investors in People Award and we pride ourselves on excellent student behaviour and have a strong ethos about inclusion and diversity. We are passionate about staff work-life balance throughout the school and voluntarily adhere to the Fair Workload Charter.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an outstanding and supportive team, where students make the highest levels of progress. He/she will receive the highest level of support, have access to the very best in terms of resources and CPD and will work alongside pleasant, well-motivated students.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• A competitive salary.
• Responsibility for the quality of teaching and learning in Geography.
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Internationally recognised Reflective Practice Programme.
• Comprehensive support package through your career.
• Free onsite parking.
• Onsite canteen.
• Free on-site gym.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
• Staff wellbeing is also very important to us and as such we operate a “buddy system”.
• A termly prize draw.
• QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
• A Good Honours Degree.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL:
• Have a love of Geography and what it can bring to the world.
• Have evidence of leadership potential.
• Have detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery.
• Have the ability to teach across the age and ability range from 11 – 18.
• Have the ability to deliver and inspire Geography at KS3, KS4 and A-Level.
• Have high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• Love to work as a team.
• Have the ability to work towards deadlines.
• Be reflective and open to their continual development.
• Have the passion to motivate both students and their peers.
• Be highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Have excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Have experience innovating to deliver the curriculum.
• Have a great sense of humour.
If you would like to work in a school that focuses its energy on developing its teaching and learning then this is the position for you!
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the Headteacher for an informal conversation or tour of the school.
Dene Magna School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.