HEAD OF GEOGRAPHY DEPARTMENT
Salary Grade: Leadership Scale 5-7
Salary Band: £44,106 - £46,429 per annum
Location: Melksham Oak Community School
Contract Type: All year round
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 29 September 2019
Interview Date: to be arranged w/c 07 October 2019
Hours: Full time
Start: 01 January 2020
About the Opportunity
With a new Principal, two new Vice-Principals, and a clearly defined direction of travel, this is an incredibly exciting time to join Melksham Oak.
Melksham Oak is a school that aims to prepare our students for the future. Our curriculum offers a balance of vocational and academic learning which is tailored towards our students’ needs. We believe that teachers should have really high expectations and we support our staff practically to do this with strong behaviour structures and clear lines of support to a leadership team that is fully involved in the quality of teaching across the academy.
Are you a qualified teacher with a passion for developing secondary students’ knowledge, opening doors to their academic and social capabilities within Geography?
- Are you innovative, creative and forward thinking, with the desire to expand and progress in your own continued professional development into a Head of Department role? Maybe you’re already an exceptional leader?
Geography is a hugely popular option subject at Melksham Oak and we want to recruit a fantastic Head of Geography who can inspire a passion for the subject and make a difference to the lives of our students. If you know you’ve got the skillset, experience and know-how to lead and develop the Geography team – we need you.
You could be part of a hub of schools within a growing Multi Academy Trust which is moving from strength to strength and expanding at a positive, steady rate. You could have access to a network of like-minded professionals across the Trust. We will support you locally within our school, and across the Trust, ensuring you have access to:
An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- Students with a passion for learning;
- Varied links and involvement with the local community;
- Fantastic CPD opportunities through our tailored CPD programme;
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
Visits to the Academy are welcome, in fact – encouraged: please do come and meet some of the staff and our students to see for yourself! Please contact us directly on 01225-792700 to make an appointment.
TWHF communicate openly and include our members of the Trust. Attached you can download our Little Green Book of visions & values and Benefits booklet to see how this fits for you and review the exciting things you could look forward to if successful. More information about the Academy can be found on our website.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Melksham Oak Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.