Are you a competent HR Manager looking for your next big career move or seeking a new professional challenge?
West London College’s HR team is entering an exciting phase of its development and is in search of a knowledgeable and proactive Head of HR Operations.
As a confident team player, you will be a strong generalist HR professional with experience of managing a team of HR specialists. You will be the College’s lead on all HR operational matters, supporting and mentoring the team on day-to-day activities as they relate to payroll and pensions, HR systems, employee relations, resourcing, and Safeguarding.
As the successful candidate, you will also contribute to strategic HR matters as you support the Director of HR in the achievement of these.
Additionally, if you have experience of participating in a project to select and implement a new HR Payroll and Pensions system into an organisation, this would definitely be beneficial.
We are seeking someone who:
• Has pension experience (LGPS and Teachers Pension).
• Has experience of improving the performance and outputs of an HR system to make it more time and labour efficient.
• process chains, automated reminders, scheduled reports, etc.
• Holds a degree and a CIPD qualification.
• Has held a role at a similar senior level and has substantial successful HR generalist experience, ideally within the education, ideally in the FE Sector.
• Has experience of change management from manual to automated processes, whilst closely with an HR team to support them through the change.
• Has good organisational and planning skills and highly developed communication skills.
• Believes in delivering excellent customer service.
In addition to these skills and behaviours you will also be able to demonstrate your commitment to the values of our College - Ambition, Integrity, Accountability, and Inclusion.
Hours: Full-time, 36 hours
Salary: £53,593.63 to £56,641.81 including London Weighting Allowance
Closing Date: 13th December 2020
Our aim is to recruit the best staff possible and to deliver first class teaching to our learners.
We are committed to equality and diversity and expect our staff to share this commitment
The safety and welfare of our staff and learners is extremely important to us and this is why we pride ourselves on our safeguarding procedures.
Working towards our Investors in Diversity accreditation
Investors in People
Stonewall Diversity Champions
Eye care vouchers
Designated CPD (development) days
On-site Canteen and Restaurant (staffed by students)
On-site Hair and Beauty Salon (Staffed by students) and much more..
All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check (including barred list information, for those who will be engaging in regulated activity) and your start date will be dependent on receipt of satisfactory DBS clearance.
West London College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.