It’s an exciting time to join our team at Windsor College as Head of Humanities and Business.
The Windsor Forest Colleges Group are a leading education provider in the South-East. Formed through a partnership between East Berkshire College and Strode’s College, we employ over 600 professional and dedicated staff. We have three main colleges with exceptional facilities, conveniently located in Langley, Windsor and Egham, close to public transport and motorway links.
Our mission is to inspire ambition and make a positive difference to lives through learning. We are keen to recruit talented individuals who are passionate about helping us to deliver the highest standards of education and training to local people, communities and businesses. In return, we offer a supportive and inclusive working environment, where everyone’s skills and ideas are valued and respected.
The Role and you
This is a fantastic opportunity for an innovative and ambitious individual to join our team at Windsor College, leading and managing our strong Humanities and Business provision.
We are looking for a talented leader who cares about teaching and the difference it makes to people’s lives and can value, support and develop our teachers to be outstanding.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to shape provision and strategy for these areas of our curriculum, contributing to all aspects of quality and planning for growth and development.
We welcome applications from outstanding managers and teachers with the experience or potential to lead and inspire both staff and students in these areas.
Salary: Up to £44,061 per annum depending on qualifications and experience
Our staff benefit from:
• Excellent work/life balance with generous leave entitlement - Heads of Department work 200 days a year with up to 52 non-working days plus bank holidays.
• Excellent career progression opportunities for ambitious staff
• Free on-site parking at all sites
• Subsidised professional qualifications
• Access to excellent defined benefit pension schemes
• Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loans
• Family friendly policies to support Work Life Balance
• NUS cards offering a wide range of discounts
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and discounted hair and beauty treatments at The Salon at our Langley College site
Closing Date: Midday on Monday 15th March 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 25th March 2021
To apply please visit our careers page and complete the online application form.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check at the appropriate level.
Windsor College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.