Head of Humanities Faculty
School: Orchard School Bristol
Location: Bristol, UK
Contract Term: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: MPS/UPS plus TLR1a £8069 per annum
Start Date: September 2020
Closing Date: Monday 9th March 2020 at Midday
Interview Date: Thursday 19th March 2020
Something special is going on at Orchard School: a seriously good Ofsted report (have a look at our website), good outcomes, excellent student behaviour and full commitment to your professional development.
Owing to successful promotion of the postholder to senior leadership and to continued growth of the school, we are looking to appoint a dynamic and forward-thinking leader who has the ambition, strategic thinking and enthusiasm to further enhance the opportunities of our students within the Faculty.
Join us and make a difference every day to our wonderfully diverse and ambitious students. Make an impact on your career by leading your team to outstanding results, helping our school deliver the excellent provision our community deserves.
- a current or aspiring leader of Humanities keen to develop your leadership skills towards senior leadership over time
- creative and original, able to think and act innovatively
- an outstanding, innovating and creative classroom practitioner, with a drive to develop an inspirational curriculum and teaching team
- passionate about the subjects in your Faculty and have a strong understanding of the specific skills required to raise achievement at GCSE level
- able to inspire, motivate and enthuse students in lessons and staff in your team
- committed to the highest achievement for all students
- a coach, able to deliver CPD across the school keen to learn and share best practice as part of a vibrant team of middle leaders
- enthusiastic students, willing to learn and achieve, who need staff who believe in them
- the opportunity to make a difference day in, day out to the future life chances of children and young people in north Bristol
- excellent student behaviour and a calm learning environment
- a bright, happy place in which to learn and work
- a professionally stimulating environment which values the contributions of all staff
- a strong commitment to your professional development, including the NPQML/SL as appropriate
- the opportunity to build a curriculum area and establish a reputation across Bristol as an outstanding department
- a warm and friendly staff body with award-winning staff wellbeing
Further information on the person specification and job description, along with information on our school can be found in the attached information pack.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged. If this post has attracted your interest, please do apply and see what Orchard can offer you.
This role has been identified as falling within the definition of requiring fluency in spoken English. You will be required to speak English with confidence and be able to conduct a conversation and answer questions for extended periods of time.
Orchard School Bristol is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.