We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational Head of Humanities to lead our successful faculty through the next phase of its development. Humanities progress over the last three years has been significantly positive. A range of subjects are offered at Key Stage 5 including Geography, History, Philosophy and Sociology. We are looking to appoint a leader who has high expectations of themselves and others and can motivate staff and students alike.
You will be responsible for:
• providing high quality leadership to the Humanities faculty;
• monitoring both student and staff performance within the faculty;
• raising students’ achievement through the use of appropriate intervention strategies;
• providing appropriate support to members of the faculty to maximise the delivery of teaching and learning.
The successful candidate must:
• be an outstanding classroom practitioner;
• be passionate about student achievement and aspirations;
• be able to inspire and get the best from others;
• show commitment to the school's vision and ethos;
• be creative and innovative;
• have proven leadership experience and the potential to develop further.
Applications are invited from motivated and inspirational colleagues who possess the leadership skills necessary to support the College’s quest for further improvement.
Okehampton College was granted Teaching School status April 2016, and established The Dartmoor Teaching Schools Alliance (DTSA), with over 90 schools as members across Devon. The establishment of DTSA has enhanced the quality of teaching and learning for our students and created opportunities for professional development for our staff, so that the opportunities for development and career progression within the organisation are superb.
We are delighted to be part of The Dartmoor Multi- Academy Trust (DMAT) which came into effect on 1st January 2018. DMAT is a large MAT consisting of a total of 3 secondary schools and 13 primary schools and provides further opportunity for sharing good practice and resources and for staff development.
All schools in The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
Okehampton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.