Salary: £46,000 - £50,000
Location: Cross Campus, Seevic (Benfleet, Essex) & Palmer’s (Grays, Essex)
Hours: 37 hours per week, full time 52 weeks per year
Would you like to work for a forward thinking, innovative college?
As a College, our strategy is Career Focused Learning and ensuring that the learner experience and our relationships within our community, local and regional employers, are at the heart of everything we do. This position will lead and manage the Science Department in line with the College Strategic Plan and Policies. To provide effective organisation and management of staff to ensure that students studying within the Curriculum Area have a high quality learning experience. The post holder will be responsible for the management of the Study Programme, the Staff, Quality and Teaching, Learning & Assessment allocated to the Curriculum Area. The post holder will be required to drive and champion the Quality Framework Strategy and the Career Focused Learning Strategy.
WHY CHOOSE US
As a college, our strategy is to create a Career Focused, Digital Learning environment, ensuring that the learner experience and our relationship within our community, local and regional employers, are at the heart of everything we do. Providing a high achieving, focused learning environment allowing our students to achieve the grades they need for higher educations or the skills and aptitude required to secure a suitable role in their chosen career. Our college is set in the leafy suburbs of Essex, with easy access to surrounding areas and amenities, we are based in a well-connected location both by road and rail.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary.
- A college environment fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working with parents and carers to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- Onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen & coffee shop with locally sourced ingredients.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
- Educated to degree level (post-Graduate qualification desirable)
- Full teaching qualification (QTS or QTLS) in relevant specialism(s) within Science in line with College policy
- Evidence of continuing professional development incl. leadership and management qualification(s)
- Experience of curriculum management in Science
- Knowledge of current issues and future developments in education setting (school, post -16, FE and HE) relevant to the work of the relevant Curriculum Area
- Successful relevant teaching experience
- An understanding of Safeguarding including Prevent and Keeping Children Safe in Education legislation will also be required.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- The ability to plan and deliver all Science provision (A Level, BTEC, Animal Care) and contribute to the strategic development of the area
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work towards deadlines
- The ability to motivate staff, students and your peers
- Ability to manage workload and priorities
- Past records of successful outcomes
- A pro-active and confident approach to engaging with staff and senior management team.
Creating a safe environment for young people and adults.