TLR 2.3 (£6,340 per annum)
The successful candidate will lead a team of tutors and be responsible for the overall welfare and care of students in that year group, linking pastoral and curriculum priorities to get the very best outcomes for every young person.
We would welcome an application if you:
• are committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can;
• can raise attainment through outstanding teaching and the promotion of a culture of high expectations;
• have a passion for providing the highest quality pastoral care;
• have the ability to lead and maintain good discipline and standards of behaviour;
• have the skills to lead, manage and enthuse a team of staff; and• are committed to your own professional development.
• a competitive salary (London Fringe Pay Scale);
• Two week Autumn half term and a minimum two week break over the Christmas period;
• Friday afternoon non-contact time;
• Priority admissions criteria for children of staff (see application pack);
• interest free travel/relocation loan;
• on site gym; and
• professional development support and an extensive CPD programme.
Hinchley Wood is an inclusive, high achieving and highly sought after school with 1,300 students on roll including 240 in our 6th form. Located on the borders of SW London, we pride ourselves on celebrating student progress and development as well as academic achievement. In 2018 our Progress 8 score of +0.90 put us in the top 5% of schools nationally, and we are in the 100 top performing schools in England and Wales in terms of the progress our students make between the end of Key Stage 2 and their GCSEs. Our 6th Form value added score of +0.39 also puts us in the top 100 schools nationally.
Please contact us if you have any questions prior to applying. Contact details and application packs, giving information about the role, department, school and how to apply can be downloaded here or visit our website.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 23rd April 2019 (noon)
Interviews are provisionally planned for Tuesday 30th April
Hinchley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Hinchley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check.