An exciting opportunity for a full-time Head of Lower Key Stage 2, required from September 2019, to work in our wonderful, nurturing independent school!
Are you an experienced KS2 Teacher?
Do you have the enthusiasm and energy to work as part of our supportive and friendly team in an inspiring school environment?
Are you looking for your next step into leadership, to drive the development of teaching, learning, and assessment within your team, and to support a school’s development priorities?
Weston Green School is a two-form entry independent school situated in Thames Ditton, Surrey. Our school is a special place where children grow and thrive to become independent and confident young people who achieve exceptionally well, but also enjoy their experiences immensely and develop a life-long love of learning.
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled, organised, creative, and knowledgeable Lower Key Stage 2 leader on a full-time basis from September 2019 to join our exceptional team. The right candidate will be an outstanding practitioner who consistently delivers imaginative and interactive lessons and can demonstrate commitment and passion for the role and instill this within their team.
An ability to support in the delivery of Games would be valuable, and to drive a minibus as an additional but optional skill!
We are flexible in our recruitment and this role would involve some degree of additional subject co-ordination dependent on skills, experience, and school needs. This can be discussed at interview.
We seek someone who :
- is an enthusiastic and dynamic member of our team and has leadership experience or potential
- can deliver imaginative, interactive, high-calibre lessons with a clear focus on learning and enjoyment
- has an excellent, broad knowledge of the KS2 curriculum with clear knowledge of expectations
- has excellent and positive behaviour management skills
- can show experience of and commitment to developing good relationships with children, staff, parents and outside agencies
- has high expectations and is friendly, hardworking and supportive.
We can offer:
- a small, friendly two form entry independent school in a lovely setting with a strong pastoral and community ethos
- a supportive, caring and inspiring team
- children who are fun, and exciting to teach with a supportive parent body
- small class sizes
- excellent development opportunities
Visits to the school are most welcome and encouraged. If you would like to find out more, to discuss the role further or arrange a visit please contact Rachel Ranger (Secretary). Contact details can be found on the school website.
Closing Date: Friday 10th May 2019 (12 noon)
Interviews: Thursday 16th May 2019 AM
Weston Green School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We actively support the Government's Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism. We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection Policy which can be viewed in the Policies section of our website.
Weston Green School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups.