At The Winstanley School, we are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Head of Mathematics. The successful candidate will have a real passion for their subject and will translate this effectively to the students in their care. We are looking for a leader who will deliver high quality lessons, while successfully nurturing and inspiring our students. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school.
WHY CHOOSE US
The Winstanley School is a set in the heart of the Braunstone Town Community, a Leicestershire County school, with excellent transport links to the city and motorways. You will have the opportunity to work alongside excellent teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflection. We pride ourselves on our SHINE values of Supporting others; Hard work; Independence; Never giving up; Excellence. Because we are a small school, many staff describe working at Winstanley as 'belonging to a family'.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary Leadership Pay Range - L6-L10.
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- A successful NQT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen with locally sourced ingredients.
- A cycle scheme
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- Appropriate Degree.
- Leadership experience in a mathematics department
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the headteacher for an informal conversation.
Find out more on our School Career site