ASH MANOR SCHOOL
MANOR ROAD, ASH, SURREY, GU12 6QH
Head Teacher: Ms A Bailey
HEAD OF MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGES
Required for January 2020
Salary: MPR/UPR + TLT £6829 + London Fringe
Contract: Full Time and Permanent
NQTs Considered: No
Ash Manor School is a successful 11–16 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection in March 2017. Visitors to the school are impressed by the warmth, positivity and happiness of the staff and students who make up our community. The GCSE results are improving year on year through consistently excellent teaching and a positive school ethos and we invite you to be part of our journey to becoming an exceptional school.
We are keen to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and inspirational dual linguist to lead our MFL Department. French and Spanish are very popular within Ash Manor School and our curriculum offers students the option of being dual linguists. We have a committed MFL team who work collaboratively in a well-resourced and aspirational department. This position would suit a passionate linguist who is keen to develop their leadership skills whilst making a significant difference to the education and experience of our students.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who:
• Believes in young people
• Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom
• Is keen to lead and manage a highly motivated staff team
• Is passionate about Languages and is keen to improve standards across all year groups
• Can teach both French and Spanish across the age and ability range
• Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
• Is committed to raising standards of attainment and developing the success of the department
• Has the ability to teach excellent lessons across the age range.
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
In return we will offer you:
• A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
• Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
• A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant school community
• Opportunities for further professional development
• Child Care Voucher Scheme
• Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.