Dates: Job to start January 2020
Location: Kew Green, Richmond upon Thames
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Kew Green Preparatory School is one of London's leading prep schools, in an enviable location in West London. The school is situated on the Green next to Kew Gardens and overlooks the River Thames. Kew Green caters for up to 280 boys and girls aged 4 to 11 years.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly-skilled teacher to lead Music. The successful candidate will be joining our excellent team in this happy, thriving non-selective school.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A clear vision for music throughout the school. This will include curriculum and extra -curricular activity with performance at its heart.
- A broad experience of musical genres
- The ability to motivate and inspire staff, pupils and parents
- A clear sense of purpose and high expectation keeping music as a strength of the school
- The potential to be an outstanding leader
- Recent and relevant expertise teaching class music lessons and aspects of music performance including working with orchestras, choirs and ensembles
- A willingness to take an active part in the life of our school
- Have an enthusiastic and positive approach within and beyond the classroom
- Have energy, stamina and a sense of humour
Kew Green Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau. Kew Green Preparatory School is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability regardless of sex, race, marital status or disability.
Applications should be made by a completed application form. The closing date is Monday 24th May 2019.
Kew Green Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.