Head of Music (TLR2.2 £4827)
Full Time and Permanent (MPS/UPS)
Applications to undertake the role as a part time post (0.6FTE or above) will be considered
Required for September 2021
• 11 – 18 Selective Grammar School situated in the Cotswolds
• 1160 on roll
• Co-educational Sixth Form with nearly 400 students
• MPS or UPS
• TLR 2.2 £4827
We wish to appoint a motivated and dynamic professional to lead our Music department and build upon its current success. Music is taught throughout KS3, and as a GCSE option in KS4 with 100% of GCSE Music Y11 students achieving grades 9-6 in 2020. Music and Music Technology are both taught at A level and in 2020 100% of students achieved grades A*-B in Music and in Music Technology. You will lead one other full time and one part-time member of staff and will lead the extracurricular programme of the school in music, including school concerts and working with the Head of Drama as musical director for school productions. You will:
• Have a passion for Music and the ability to inspire both staff and students
• Have experience of successful teaching in all three Key Stages.
• Continue to raise achievement through high quality teaching, learning and assessment within the department
• Contribute to whole school improvement and self-evaluation
The school is graded ‘Outstanding’ in all categories and is a National Teaching School. Marling School is a vibrant and exciting teaching and learning environment which places staff wellbeing and development at the centre of its work. Our staff are proud and happy to work here. Reasons for that include:
• A highly committed and supportive staff team
• Interested and well behaved students
• A lesson observation process that is developmental not judgemental
• Sensible assessment policies that promote more feedback and less marking
• A culture of continuing professional development tailored to each staff member’s needs
• Excellent facilities including over £5M new buildings.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Headteacher (c/o Amanda Oxberry) if you wish to discuss the context of the school or the opportunities it has to offer.
Marling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
For information and further details please contact Amanda Oxberry, Personal Assistant to the Headteacher
Closing date for applications is midday on Monday 7th December 2020
Interview date w/b Monday 14th December 2020
Marling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced CRB clearance