Inherited from the 450 years of education excellence from Harrow School, UK, Asia International School Limited (AISL) has over 20 years of experience in education, opening international schools in Bangkok (in 1998), Beijing (in 2005), Hong Kong (in 2012) and Shanghai (in 2016).
Harrow International School (HIS) and Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy (HILA) Haikou are key projects for the Hainan government as they transform Haikou into an international education hub. Harrow Haikou is the first world-renowned educational brand in the Province and will transform concepts of high quality education across the region.
Strategically located in Jiangdong District at the north of Jiangdong Avenue and south side of Linhai Third Road, Harrow Haikou will provide K-12 international and bilingual education for foreign and local day and boarding students. Both schools opened in September 2020 with a maximum capacity of 1,800 students. The first phase of student admission will target children age 2 –13 (kindergarten to Year 9/ Grade 8).
We are seeking a high performing Head of Lower School (Yr2 to Yr5 inclusive) commencing in August 2021. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions. The position is line managed by the overall Headmaster / Headmistress.
Purpose of Job
• Establish, evaluate and develop the academic aims and standards of the Lower School in partnership with
pupils, staff, governors, HIMS personnel and parents
• Take responsibility for the leadership, and management of Lower School
• Assist the Head Master/Mistress in establishing and maintaining a vibrant and thriving school
• Manage the performance of the Lower School teaching staff
• Ensure that quality educational programmes take place in a safe, positive and healthy learning environment