A brand new UK / Cambridge curriculum school is seeking a Head of Primary to join the pre-operation team and support the Board, Principal and Academic Director in achieving their vision in opening a modern, school with great facilities for April 2022. The position is to start in October 2021 but could be a January start officially.
The school is located approximately 18km from Aligarh, 130km South East of New Delhi, approximately 60km from the Taj Mahal.
The school is seeking a Head of Primary who will support the leadership of this exciting new project.
• Preparation of the school time table, allocation of duties of the teachers in her/ his section.
• Providing necessary facilities to the teachers in her/his section in the discharge of their duties.
• Conducting of school and Board examinations.
• Promotion and detention of students in the primary section, in consultation with the Principal.
• Plan the year’s academic work in consultation with the staff and hold staff meetings at least once a month to review the work done during the month
and assess the progress of the pupils.
• Be responsible for curriculum development, assessment of syllabi, textbooks and prescribe changes in the above with the approval of the Principal.
• Supervise classroom teaching and secure co-operation and coordination amongst teachers of the same-subject areas as well as inter-subject co-
• Monitor and track the progress of all students and report these findings to the Principal and thus ensure growth and educational excellence through equal opportunities for all pupils, including those pupils who are identified as requiring additional support.
• Plan and specify a regular timetable for the scrutiny of student’s written work and home assignments and ensure that the assessment and corrections are carried out effectively and on time.
• Organize and co-ordinate various non-academic activities through the House system or in such other ways as may think fit in consultation with the Principal.
• Develop and organize the library resources and reading facilities in her section of the school and ensure that the students and teachers have access to books and journals of established value and usefulness.
• Ensure that a growing social awareness (concern and compassion for others in need) is developed in the students, through on-going, planned outreach programs.
• Send the progress reports of the students regularly to the parents or guardians.
• Send an Annual Report of the primary section to the Principal to appraise achievements and challenges, and are as of needed support in her section of the school.
• Help and guide teachers to promote their professional growth, and towards this end actively encourage their participation in courses designed for in-service training and development.
This should be done in consultation with the Principal.
• Communicate and reinforce school values, beliefs and objectives frequently to staff, students and parents.
• Ensure that all new staff is acquainted through orientation programs. This should be done in consultation with the Principal.
• Encourage opportunities for communication between and among staff, students and parents through regular meetings.
• Motivate, guide and supervise the work of the teaching staff of the school.
What's in it for you?
- attractive salary and benefits package including new school provided accommodation, annual flights allowance, private medical insurance, relocation
- an opportunity to be part of the foundation of a new school project
- explore Asia using the breath-taking scenery of Northern India as your base
The school has a Child Safeguarding and Recruitment Policy requiring that all applicants provide a current clear DBS/ Police Check prior to employment.