St John’s Beaumont School is a Roman Catholic (Jesuit) preparatory school for boys aged between 3 and 13. Built in 1888 and set in a rural location adjacent to Windsor Great Park, yet is within easy reach of London by train and is close to the M25 and M3 for road links. The school enjoys excellent facilities including modern, well-resourced classrooms, a swimming pool and sports hall an ICT Centre, Library and excellent academic, musical and sporting results.
St John’s enjoys an active religious life with all staff and boys engaging in the liturgical life of the School.
We are looking to appoint a well qualified and experienced Head of Religious Education for September 2019.
The Head of Religious Education liaises closely with the Director of Studies and other Heads of Department to monitor and encourage Ignatian principles of education within each subject curriculum and learning opportunity presented to the boys. Whilst experience of boys only education is not essential, a willingness to enter fully into the reflection and development of the needs of boys, academically, physically and emotionally is paramount.
The Head of Religious Education will contribute also to the wider life of the school, including participation in extra-curricular activities and where possible, sport.
• To set the standard of teaching and assessment within the Religious Education Department and to plan, prepare and teach engaging Religious Education lessons that ensure all boys make good progress.
• To raise standards of student attainment and achievement within Religious Education and monitor and support student progress.
• To teach Religious Education to Common Entrance, including Scholarship level.
• To act as a positive role model and promote the aims, values and ethos of St John’s Beaumont School and uphold all rules and policies.
• Actively safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
A full job description and person specification can be found in the attached information pack.
If you require any further information or would like an informal visit to the school, please contact Mrs E Wisden, PA to the Headmaster.
St John’s Beaumont is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of its pupils and as such applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with current and past employers and the (DBS) Disclosure and Barring Service.