Capital City College Group is the largest college group in London. Our colleges include City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College, and The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London.
CCCG’s strategic vision is to “Transform lives through exceptional education and training.” This will be achieved through preparing students with the skills to be successful in the future workforce. We aim to provide learners with high quality education which develops the relevant set of skills, knowledge and behaviours leading to sustained positive destinations and improved life chances. We recognise that London is a truly international city where our learners compete on the world stage for employment and progression.
About Westminster Kingsway College:
Westminster Kingsway is an award-winning further education college in central London with centres in Camden and Westminster. The College offers a huge array of academic and vocational courses from entry levels right through to HE for young and adult learners. These include foundation learning, A-Levels, BTECs, Apprenticeships, Access to Higher Education, and Degree Programmes. The College also works closely with all stakeholders and offers bespoke training and development programmes.
About the role:
The Head of School will be a key member of the leadership team with responsibility for ensuring that the delivery of teaching and learning is of the highest standard and responsive to the needs of the learners. You will have responsibility for the individual leadership and management of the subject areas within the school to ensure consistent and high-quality curriculum delivery of the relevant college centre.
You will provide strong leadership and be responsible for quality assurance and improvement across the college including lesson and tutorial observations, self-assessment reports and lead on quality improvement plans. Key to success will be inspiring staff to be innovative in all aspects of teaching and learning and to embed this in the use of e-learning.
The ideal candidate will possess all or most of the following:
• A full teaching qualification
• Experience of leading teams/or managing staff ideally in A Level provision
• A track record of quality improvement
• A track record of good success rates underpinned by excellent levels of student progress
• Direct relevant experience of curriculum planning processes particularly in relation to the areas covered by the post
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse audience
• Ability to delegate effectively and manage performance of others in accordance with good management practice
• Ability to analyse, solve problems and implement change with a successful track record of managing and delivering change
• Ability to manage budgets and meet financial targets
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 27th April 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: TBC
Strictly no agencies.
Westminster Kingsway College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.