We are looking to appoint an inspirational leader with a proven track record of improving educational provision and outcomes. Working in collaboration with the school’s leadership team and its governors, you will provide exceptional strategic and operational leadership to raise standards and deliver high quality learning and teaching for our young people on our 3FE Streatham site. Julian’s is a fantastic primary school in the heart of Lambeth located in Streatham with a second site in West Norwood. It is a centre of excellence for inclusive education. There are easy road and direct rail links/bus links to the centre of London. It is a great area in which to work, offering something for everyone.
Our values and ethos focuses on developing a love of learning, high achievement both personally and academically which comes from the tremendous work of all our staff and the great achievements of our children. This role will be challenging, yet immensely rewarding and you will be supported by an experienced leadership team, strong governance and a committed staff.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a very clear understanding of what makes a great school and the skills and character required to develop this
• Demonstrate evidence of truly effective leadership at a whole school level
• Have a passion for education and making a difference to children’s lives
• Have the ability to lead and contribute to the vision of the School
• Be highly resilient, with relentless determination to succeed and drive change
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our children, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
• Create an ethos within which all staff are motivated and supported to develop their own skills and subject knowledge and to support each other
• Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful
• Have the ability to be a team player and leader who will go the extra mile to support children and families
We can offer:
• A “good” school with outstanding features (Nov 2017)
• A friendly and supportive team
• Well motivated, happy and friendly children who “bubble with enthusiasm” about their learning and their school
• TWO fantastic sites and extremely well-resourced learning environments
• A forward thinking school which welcomes fresh ideas
• The opportunity to shape the future of Lambeth’s largest primary school
• A supportive parental community who work alongside the school to develop excellence
• An active and outstanding governing body
• Opportunities for high quality professional development
To obtain a recruitment pack including Job Description and Personal Specification, please contact Gwen Watson on 020-8761-1894 Streatham site ext. 216. We actively encourage and welcome visits to the school by prior arrangement.
Closing Date for the receipt of completed application forms: Monday 1st April 2019 at 12 noon
Short listing date: Monday 1st April 2019
Interview date: Thursday 4th April 2019
Lambeth Council is committed to safer recruitment. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.disclosures.co.uk and in the recruitment pack. Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.