Head of School
Full Time, Permanent
Grade L13 - L18 (£55,201 - £62,426) (Pay Award Pending)
Priory Primary School (YHCLT), start date negotiable
Priory Primary School is a highly successful and popular Hull school, and is an academy in the Yorkshire and the Humber Cooperative Learning Trust (YHCLT). We are a two form entry Primary School with 430 pupils on roll ranging from 3-11 years. Pupils leave the school having enjoyed high academic success and with exemplary behaviour and attitudes.
We are currently looking for an experienced and enthusiastic school leader, to lead a team of highly motivated and committed staff, who work hard to achieve the best possible outcomes for our children. This is an exciting opportunity within our Trust.
The successful applicant will have:
- an understanding and experience of operational excellence ensuring the very highest of standards in all areas across the school.
- a desire to work with the Executive Headteacher to provide leadership and day to day operational management of the school, ensuring high quality education for all pupils, leading to strong outcomes, and securing the safety and wellbeing of the whole school community.
- a proven track record in personally raising standards and driving improvement projects from initiation to completion.
- an ability to support the positive culture in the school and develop this further
- a commitment to inclusive leadership and championing the needs of all children, respecting equality and diversity throughout the school community
- generosity and compassion, achieving the very best from the staff group, the children and demonstrating respect and support for our families.
The new Head of School will be mentored by the Executive Headteacher as they develop in the role and they will work closely with the Leadership team in the school and their Headteacher and Head of School colleagues in the Trust.
Visits to the school are challenging in the current climate but we recognise the importance of a visit when considering an application. We will offer socially distanced visits, for individuals only, with masks worn, at 4.45pm when the school site is quiet. Please contact Daisy Kirlew at Priory Primary School to arrange this. We would also be pleased to organise an informal virtual discussion via zoom with Kath Roe, Executive Headteacher, to answer your questions and share more information about the school. This could be with more than one person at a time. Please contact Daisy who will organise this discussion.
Other information about the school and Trust can be found on the Primary Primary School and YHCLT websites as well as on social media.
Our selection process may be via Zoom or in person. We will consider the current COVID-19 situation as we get nearer to the date.
Closing date: Friday 9th October 2020 12 noon
Shortlisting: Monday 12th October 2020
Interviews: Monday 19th October 2020
Please visit the YHCLT website to view our Job Applicants Privacy Notice, which explains how we collect, store, and use personal data about individuals applying for jobs at our school.
YHCLT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers as well as with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Priory Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.