Ashton Gate Primary School
Head of School
Ashton site (EYFS and KS1) Required from September 2021
Salary scale: £55,338 to £61,166
NOR: 766, rising to 840 in September 2021
Ashton Gate Primary School expanded to 4 form entry in September 2015 on two sites. The Ashton Gate Road site houses EYFS and KS1. The Upton Road site, a two-minute walk from Ashton Gate Road, is the home of KS2.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, visionary leader who can:
- Provide strong clear leadership to maintain our high levels of progress and attainment.
- Ensure that teaching, behaviour and safety continue to be outstanding.
- Be a highly visible and approachable presence for the school community, who can work in partnership with parents and the local community.
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner, committed to team work and collaboration.
- Demonstrate recent experience as a member of a Senior Leadership within the last 2 years.
We can offer:
- A dedicated staff team.
- The opportunity to be an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Children who feel safe, happy and challenged.
- A highly effective and active Governing Body who are committed to your professional development.
The successful candidate will be appointed at the starting point of the salary scale. Please contact Gareth Jones, Executive Headteacher, if you require any further information.
Closing Date: 5th February 2021
Shortlisting: w/b 8th February 2021
Interviews: 24th and 25th February 2021
Individual visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Gareth Jones will lead all visits. Visitors will be required to wear a mask throughout their time in the school. Please email Donna Scriven to book a visit. Please complete your application via the Eteach website.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
The school is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to child protection screening, including a DBS check.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicants. You can find our Child Protection Policy on the school's website: www.ashtongate.bristol.sch.uk