Head of Science
At The Cedars Academy, we are looking for a passionate Head of Science to deliver high quality strategic leadership and effective line management for the Science department while successfully nurturing and inspiring our students. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school. You will oversee an appropriate environment to aid quality teaching and learning.
WHY CHOOSE US
The Cedars Academy is a Good-rated school based in Leicestershire. Our school is set in a well-connected location within 15 minutes of Leicester city centre. You will have the opportunity to work alongside teachers, to secure high quality teaching and effective use of resources to ensure that expected standards are met, maintained and exceeded. Ensuring high levels of engagement with staff, students, parents and wider learning communities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- MPS/UPS plus TLR
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
- Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- A Good Honours Degree.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the headteacher for an informal conversation.
Find out more on our School Career site
The Cedars is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.