Are you ambitious to take your career to the next level, and committed to accessing meaningful and sustained professional development?
Are you a passionate, imaginative and resourceful practitioner, who is willing to share practice and able to enthuse others?
Winterbourne Academy is seeking an exceptional practitioner and ambitious leader, to shape the future delivery of Science and raising its profile and reach across the curriculum and the Academy.
For a suitably experienced candidate there will be the opportunity to apply for an enhanced leadership (SLT) role as an Associate Assistant Headteacher (Teaching and Learning) – further details available on request.
The successful candidate will:
• be an excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to raise standards of provision and outcomes
• have outstanding communication, planning and organisation skills
• have the ability to use ICT to support teaching and learning
• have the ability to establish successful and productive relationships with students, parents and staff
• be a strong and supportive leader of a team of specialist teachers
• have the knowledge and expertise to coach and motivate team members to aim high and meet ambitious targets
• have the presence and drive to raise the profile of science within the academy and to contribute significantly to our onward school improvement journey
• be able to demonstrate commitment to proactively raising standards in science in all key stages through close tracking, monitoring and intervention, combined with delivering appropriate and effective professional development
• have a clear vision of how to build on the strengths of a faculty and to develop new and exciting initiatives
• have a clear vision for the future direction of the Science Faculty
• have the ability to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower others to carry the vision forward
• have proven experience as a leader, for example as a Head of Department or a teacher with additional responsibilities
• Demonstrate an ability and desire to make a significant contribution to the Academy as a whole
We are seeking to appoint a candidate who is able to teach Science to all ages and abilities, with the ability to teach Biology, Physics or Chemistry to A Level standard.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Academies to support our endeavours to work smarter
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking.
• Onsite canteen.
• Employee benefits such as Pension, cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
The Olympus Academy Trust and Winterbourne Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
The Olympus Academy Trust and Winterbourne Academy are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
If you believe that you have the vision and commitment to work in an academy which seeks to raise achievement, as well as set and maintain high standards and expectations please submit a detailed application explaining your suitability and interest in the role.
More information about Winterbourne Academy and The Olympus Academy Trust can be found on our respective websites. Candidates can arrange to discuss the post informally with the Headteacher prior to making an application.
Closing Date: Sunday, 26th April 2020
Interview Date: TBC