Head of Science required for January 2021 (TLR: 1ii £9,661)
Fitzalan is a successful school with high aspirations. The Governors wish to appoint a candidate who will:-
• be proud to be part of the Fitzalan community
• have high expectations of behaviour, achievement, attainment and presentation
• plan and deliver exciting, challenging and effective learning experiences
• give effective support to remove barriers to learning
• encourage pupils to believe that they ‘can’
• work together with pupils, staff and parents to succeed
• be a good role model in all aspects of life.
‘Nearly all pupils show respect to each other and to staff and are courteous to visitors. They value highly the diverse nature of the school community and the range of cultures, languages and religions represented by pupils and staff in the school. Most pupils approach their learning enthusiastically and are eager to achieve high standards. Their behaviour in lessons and around school is exemplary. Rates of exclusion are very low.’ Fitzalan Estyn Inspection February 2017.
The successful candidate will have excellent subject knowledge, the ability to teach up to and including A level Science and the ability to lead and manage a successful department. A strong commitment to extra-curricular activities is vital, as is a desire to be part of our drive for excellence.
Application forms can be obtained by clicking Apply, and an Information Pack is attached to this advert. You are welcome to contact the Headteacher, Mrs C Bradshaw, for an informal discussion.
Closing date: noon Wednesday 23rd September 2020.
Fitzalan High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.