Due to the opening of a specialist primary SEMH Resource Unit attached to our mainstream school, we are looking for a dynamic & inspirational SEMH Teacher to lead a team of specialists who are passionate about improving the outcomes for children with challenging behaviour and complex social, emotional and mental health issues. Children accessing the provision will have an EHC Plan.
The successful candidate will be innovative, creative, courageous and resilient as well as being committed to providing a secure, happy and calm environment in which all children are able to thrive socially, emotionally and academically.
A successful candidate will:
• have recent experience of working with children with challenging behaviour and complex social, emotional and mental health issues.
• bring excellent behaviour management skills
• have a good sense of humour
• remain calm under pressure and have emotional resilience
• be competent in the use of IT
We can offer:
• a nurturing environment with caring and supportive staff & governors
• excellent professional development and networking opportunities
• dedicated supervision & professional support
• an opportunity to be part of developing something new
• a chance to be part of a forward thinking, innovative academy trust
Hinckley Parks Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS. Therefore a DBS enhanced check for a regulated activity (includes a barred list check) is an essential requirement. (Disclosure and Barring Service).
The OWLS Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer.