Pay scale will be within £23,720 - £39,406 + TLR2D (£6,646)
Required from September 2019
This is a full time open-ended position.
Haverfordwest High VC School, a newly formed high school that opened in September 2018, is seeking applications from dynamic individuals with a proven track record in leadership or pastoral care who have the passion to be an inspirational Head of Sixth Form in our new school where the wellbeing and progress of all is our main focus.
The successful candidate would join us in the exciting journey of building a school which will be known as one which promotes excellence, inclusion and high expectations. The school is currently operating on the two sites of the former Sir Thomas Picton and Tasker Milward schools but will move to one site (the former Tasker Milward site) in September 2019 so that work can start on the new school build on the former Sir Thomas Picton site.
The person appointed will lead our sixth form in the next phase of its development and will set high standards in all aspects of school life. They will be recognised as an excellent classroom practitioner, be able to take a substantive lead in teaching and learning and pastoral care in the school and a contributor to whole school improvement.
Main duties will include:
- Ensuring the highest standards of attainment and progress for all students in the Sixth Form
- Tracking of student attainment and progress within the year groups and ensuring timely interventions as needed
- Guiding their transition to Higher Education or chosen career.
- Managing the UCAS applications and process.
- Management of student welfare issues; including behaviour and attendance.
- Leading assemblies, prize-giving, information evenings and other key events
- Liaison with external agencies to support the wellbeing of students
- Leading a team of Tutors to ensure the best possible outcomes for students
- Supporting students on A level results day with H.E. places and prior planning of the results day
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent and innovative classroom practitioner with a passion for teaching.
- Have the vision, imagination and commitment to add to the strength of a learning area, to meet the highest standards and be a role model for our students.
- Develop strategies to engage learners to improve their performance further.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement and the raising of achievement
- Possess excellent organisational, analytical and communication skills
- Possess enthusiasm, resilience, determination and a sense of humour
- Possess the ability to motivate and inspire colleagues and learners
- Have high expectations of themselves, colleagues and learners
- Have the ability to develop excellent working relationships with all stakeholders
- Be able to use data in a highly effective manner in order to support progress across the department
- Be absolutely committed to the vision of our school
If you feel you have the desire, determination and skills to join our team and feel able to meet the significant challenges that will come with the post we would love to hear from you.
We are very proud of the achievements of our students at Haverfordwest High VC school and are keen to share information to help you to make a successful application. You can visit our website for more information about the school or the school Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for Pembrokeshire's Children's and Schools Service. We aim to support vulnerable children and young people to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of all schools.
This post is subject to a DBS disclosure check.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh and will not be treated less favourably than applications submitted in English.
Closing date: 1st May 2019
Interviews: W/C 6th May 2019
Haverfordwest High VC School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.