Head of Sport and Leisure
Start Date: 01.09.2021
MPS/UPS & TLR1A £8291
Closing Date: 09.00am Friday 14th May 2021
Interview W/C 17th May 2021
We are seeking to recruit a passionate Teacher of PE to lead the Sport and Leisure department.
You will be
• An enthusiastic PE Teacher
• An excellent role model with a desire to share this with pupils and staff
• Committed to raising achievement and able to deliver excellent outcomes
• A leader who is able to inspire and motivate others
• Committed to extra-curricular activities
Why Choose us?
Lawn Manor Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust (RWBAT) based in Swindon. We offer a fantastic benefits scheme, with discounts on Food and Clothes retailers, to holidays and cinema, with online fitness and recipes from Hello fresh. Our School is set in the beautiful Lawn Manor Woods in Old Town Swindon.
What we offer?
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly and well- run school.
• A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Onsite parking.
• Pension Scheme
• Courteous and hardworking pupils
• Lead and manage the department on a day to day basis
• Take a leading role in the delivery of the curriculum and be an exemplar of best practice in the department.
• Inspire pupils to achieve their best.
• Lead and manage the work of other teachers within the department
• Monitor, evaluate and review the work of the department
• Create an exciting learning environment.
• Work collaboratively with school staff in sharing ideas and best practice.
• Take an active role in finding, promoting and running extra-curricular activities for the department.
• To play a full part in the life of the school community , to support it’s distinctive mission and ethos and to encourage staff and pupils to follow this example
The successful candidate will have:
• Degree status (First,1.1, 2.1, 2.2)
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Qualified Teacher Status and ability to teach PE (desirable to teach KS4 Dance)
• Excellent track record of high attainment & progress
• Effective management of other adults
• Lesson quality good or outstanding
• Passion for teaching and learning
• Experience of assessing and tracking student progress at KS3 & KS4 and applying the appropriate strategies to sustain and improve pupil attainment.
• Ability to encourage and motivate others
• Good sense of humour
• Have a professional appearance