Head of Year (KS3 or KS4) and Teacher of Humanities
Contract: Full time and permanent
Salary: Main Scale/UPS TLR 2b
Start date: 1 September 2020
We are seeking to appoint a Head of Year within KS3 or KS4 (specific year groups to be confirmed) with Humanities as their subject to take responsibility for the pastoral care and raising of standards within a specific year group.
Are you an experienced leader, a highly skilled communicator, and passionate about pastoral care and the wellbeing of students? If you are looking for a new challenge and you would like to be part of our growing and thriving school community, we look forward to receiving your application.
WHY CHOOSE US:
BFS is a popular and oversubscribed community school in the North-West of Bristol.
We are part of the Russell Education Trust and have a strong reputation for the academic development of the most able, and those with SEND; and for our rich sporting, musical and cultural life. Our core values are Community, Ambition and Opportunity are exhibited throughout our school community.
The school was established in 2011 and now has in excess of 1000 students with a flourishing Sixth Form. BFS is an exciting and dynamic school with staff dedicated to developing the talents and ambition of our students.
- A forward-thinking approach to learning and teaching
- A flourishing 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subject areas
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
- Bristol Free School is a Russell Education Trust school offering the opportunity for collaborative working and development across the Trusts 5 schools
- Excellent Continuous Professional Development opportunities
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
- Great support for NQTs including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and a successful induction programme
- Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities - happy staff make a happy school
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- A degree
- Recent track record of highly effective teaching
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A passion for your subject and a commitment to integrating it across the curriculum
- A high expectation for teaching and learning for learners of all abilities
- Forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work with and develop the team.
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
If you are an outstanding practitioner with a passion for student learning and you want to be part of a forward thinking, highly successful department in a thriving school, we look forward to receiving your application.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by accessing our school website, or contact the school directly for an informal discussion.
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement.
The closing date: 09:00am Monday 08 June 2020
Interviews: TBD will be adapted to include social distancing and lock down requirements.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.