GROUP 2, ISR: L15 – L21
£56,434 - £65,384
For January 2020
The Governors, staff, parents and children are seeking to appoint an inspirational, highly effective, dynamic and forward thinking Head Teacher who will continue to build on the successes of our school.
We are seeking a Head Teacher who:
- is a practising Catholic who has a sound understanding and is passionate about Catholic Education
- is an effective communicator with a proven record of successful leadership
- will develop, inspire and motivate our staff and children while making them feel valued and supported
- possesses the determination and resilience to sustain the progress of the school
- has the vision and drive to further promote and encourage the highest standards of teaching and learning
- is prepared to work closely with the local parish and wider community
In return we are offering an exciting opportunity:
- which will influence the development of our school and give you scope to develop your talents and expertise
- to lead a good school and further develop it
- to work in a bright and attractive environment
In a school with:
- children who are well behaved, motivated to learn and who enjoy school
- friendly and committed staff who are supportive, open to new ideas and keen to continue to develop professionally
- a supportive and committed governing body
St. Gerard’s is part of the Birmingham Diocesan Academy Strategy and intends to join a group of schools in the future to uphold the directive from the Bishops and become part of a Multi Academy Company.
Further information about our school is available on our school website including our most recent Ofsted and RE inspections.
Visits to the school are welcome week beginning 9th September by arrangement with the Headteacher, Mrs Cathie Buck.
Saint Gerard’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check and Disqualification by Association statement will be required for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be expected to sign the CES Contract.
Closing Date: Thursday 3rd October 2019 (12:00 noon)
Shortlisting Wednesday 9th October 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 16th October 2019
St Gerard's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.