Contract Type: Permanent Appointment
Hours per Week: Full time
The Trustees of Owlcotes Multi-Academy Trust are looking for an exceptional leader to join our growing Multi-Academy Trust as permanent Headteacher for Calverley Parkside Primary School.
Calverley Parkside is a one form entry primary school, with a Nursery, serving the village of Calverley. The school joined the Owlcotes Multi-Academy Trust on 1st November 2018 and works in close collaboration with our two other schools, Pudsey Primrose Hill Primary School and Pudsey Waterloo Primary School, which are both less than 10 minutes travel distance away.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, inspirational and talented Senior Leader who has the drive, determination and energy to build on the school’s successes and on our children’s achievements and work collaboratively within the trust to further develop our school.
We are looking for a leader who:
• Will inspire and motivate staff and children
• Is able to sustain and accelerate progress in raising standards of teaching and learning and improving outcomes for children.
• Drives the development of a relevant curriculum that both engages and challenges children
• Strives for ambitious standards for all children within a nurturing and inclusive environment
• Will continue to develop community engagement
• Is visible, approachable and has the resilience to meet the day to day challenges of headship
• Has personal and professional integrity
We will offer the successful candidate:
• The opportunity to develop professionally and personally
• A rapidly improving school
• A committed Senior Leadership Team within the school and within the Multi-Academy Trust who have high expectations of themselves, staff and children
• A dedicated team of teachers and support staff who all share a determination that every child achieves their full potential
• Polite, courteous and exceptionally well behaved children who love to learn
• A Trust Board and a Local Governing Board which provides key support and challenge
• Professional support from the CEO and executive leaders of the Owlcotes Trust and well-established school to school collaboration
• Calverley is a village to the west of Leeds on the border between Leeds and Bradford. Calverley itself has a village centre, a park and a small number of bars and restaurants.
• The Cities of Leeds and Bradford are within easy reach. Both cities offer rich historical and cultural interest. There are a range of leisure options including theatre, art galleries, historic houses, parks, bars and restaurants and shopping.
• In the areas around Calverley there is a thriving local sports scene with two cricket clubs nearby, two golf courses within a mile of the school and of course within Leeds and Bradford there are championship league football clubs, rugby league clubs and a cricket ground.
• There are excellent transport links near to the school and a nearby airport- making it a convenient base for travel both within and beyond the UK
• Leeds and Bradford are both university cities.
Visits to Calverley Parkside and an opportunity to meet the CEO of Owlcotes Trust are welcomed and can be arranged on request.
Calverley Parkside Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 16th September 2019 at 12 noon
SELECTION INTERVIEWS: Wednesday 25th September 2019
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Calverley Parkside Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.