The Learning Adventure - Inspirational Headteacher needed to lead us forward
Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher at the end of this academic year, Wonersh and Shamley Green Church of England Primary School are seeking to appoint an outstanding, inspirational and highly motivated Headteacher, who is child-focused and has the enthusiasm and commitment to continue to build on our current success. The ideal candidate will support our school ethos, Christian vision, and values and develop our rich and inclusive curriculum.
Graded as Good by Ofsted and Excellent by SIAMS, we have a skilled and experienced staff team and enjoy close links with our church and wider local and global communities.
We are looking for someone who has:
- exceptional leadership skills and the ability to inspire staff and develop effective teaching and learning to ensure every child achieves their personal best
- the ability and passion to sustain and develop the Christian ethos and values of the school
- the commitment to work in partnership with governors, staff, parents, other schools and the wider community
- the capacity to drive continual improvement in the school; demonstrated through improved outcomes for all children
- the vision to be forward-looking and proactive in evaluating current research; able to access any possible implications and impact of current trends
In return, we offer:
- an enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working staff team
- well-motivated, happy and confident children
- a supportive governing body
- an excellent range of resources and wonderful school buildings set within extensive grounds
- strong support and involvement from two local parishes
- an engaged PTA who raise fantastic funds for our school
- results that are extremely strong e.g. In Key Stage 2 results (2019) 50% of students achieved greater depth in reading, writing and Mathematics combined; this was the highest total in the whole of Surrey
- excellent CPD for all staff
- a sound financial structure moving forward
We hope you are interested in applying. Please do contact us to find out more. We would love to show you around our school.
Candidates who wish to visit the school and have an informal chat with the Head Teacher are very welcome. To make an appointment to visit the school please contact Gill Matthews (School Business Manger) 01483-892345 If you would like an informal discussion with a Governor please contact Liz Collins 07887-803777 Application Deadline is 27 January 2020 12 noon.
Wonersh and Shamley Green C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts will require an enhanced DBS check