Required for August 2020:
Passionate about the education of children? Eager to inspire a team of dedicated staff? Motivated by the exciting possibilities of leading children and staff as they settle into a wonderful new school building? If so, we at Bishop Ellis want you to join us in this exciting phase of our development.
Following the retirement of our Head Teacher, we are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, energetic and inspirational leader. Bishop Ellis is a good school (Ofsted 2017) with a strong record of excellent progress.
Our ethos emanates from the words of St John, “I come that you may have life – life in all its fullness” (John 10:10). We believe that each child should be given the opportunity to flourish and develop to their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic with a strong personal faith and a vision for the provision of an outstanding Catholic education
- Have a proven record of successful leadership, a clear understanding and knowledge of a range of strategies which have secured improved outcomes for all pupils
- Have an analytical, robust and strategic approach to school improvement
- Be committed to the academic, spiritual and personal development of all pupils
- Be aspirational for all members of the school community
- Be committed to the ethos and growth of Bishop Ellis and its links with the Church and the wider community
The school offers:
- A strong Catholic community of Faith which embraces and values staff and children of all faiths and none
- Exceptional career development within and beyond the Catholic Multi Academy Trust
- A staff team who are dedicated to securing excellent outcomes for the children while providing a supportive and caring environment
- An exciting opportunity to shape the future of the school at a pivotal point in its history
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising Catholics. Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic’ for further information.
Visits to the school can be arranged by calling Sarah Kennedy at the school office on 0116-269-5510.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 2nd April at 4pm
Bishop Ellis is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references which will be requested prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical evidence, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.