Can you deliver significant change to a school, to the benefit of the whole community?
Will you embrace the wealth of support provided by Flying High Trust, and use this support to deliver your vision?
Do you want to make a real difference, making every day count for every child?
If you answered yes to the above, we want to hear from you!
Whitecotes Academy is on a significant improvement journey. Whitecotes is previously an Ofsted ‘inadequate’ school, recently re- brokered from an academy trust to Flying High Trust (January 2021) by the DfE. This is a school, and a school community ready for a fresh start, a new vision and a rapid journey of improvement. Flying High Trust has significant experience in ‘turn around’ schools and we will provide the support, resources, and financial investment, to enable the new Head teacher to deliver on their vision for the school.
Whitecotes Academy is looking to appoint an ambitious and driven school leader, determined to deliver something special for its children and community. This is a sensational opportunity for an aspiring or experienced Head Teacher to join our team, share our vision and drive the school forward to deliver exceptional learning experiences for all children.
We will support the new Head teacher, to deliver excellence.
Support is available to enable an ambitious new Head teacher, to deliver an exceptional school, or as a second Headship for those ready to embrace this challenge. As Head teacher of Whitecotes Academy, you will be given the freedom to develop your own vision and ethos to meet the needs of your children and your community. We believe that no two schools within our trust are the same and we actively encourage you to innovate and develop your own identity.
As a trust we will support you to realise your vision and with a sharp focus on school improvement, you will have the resources available to ensure that you can deliver rapid and sustained improvements. Initially support via our Director of Education and a Head teacher+ will be one day per week, alongside significant capacity from our team of Lead Practitioners, substantial CPD and support around recruitment. As the school develops, and you establish yourself in this role this support will flex based on your needs. In addition, significant support is available in HR, Finance, Estates and Health and Safety. This ensures that the Head teacher will have all of the tools required to focus on delivering rapid school improvement.
We can offer you:
- A peer network of like-minded Head teachers.
- A partnership with relationships at its heart ensuring a friendly atmosphere encompassing a supportive ethos.
- A trust with an established track record of high-quality education and experience of leading rapid school improvement.
- A supportive community.
- A comprehensive Head teacher induction process, including support through the Trust central team, a peer mentor and CPD.
- Access to significant resource for school improvement, ensuring that Head teachers are enabled to make a rapid impact on their school. This resource includes support and development through our central team, access to system leaders, high quality CPD for all staff and support to recruit the very best team.
- Extensive financial, business, estates and HR support and systems, ensuring that you are able to focus on delivering inspirational teaching and learning.
- The opportunity to progress as a Head teacher onto system leadership and executive leadership across the trust.
- Recognition that all schools are unique, with an approach that encourages local accountability and governance that is responsive to community needs.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a clear vision for the school and for the community.
- Has the necessary leadership skills to deliver rapid school improvement.
- Can lead the team to embed a culture of high expectations which consistently delivers the highest outcomes and standards.
- Has a tenacious approach, with an unshakeable drive to deliver great outcomes for all children.
- Has the ability to communicate effectively with all members of the school community.
- Can motivate and inspire others and work as a part of a wider support team (The Flying High Trust).
- Has a heartfelt commitment to delivering the vision and values of our school to ensure our children look forward with confidence.
- Is a resilient leader, who will remain determined to deliver the improvements the school requires, secure in the knowledge that they have the full support of the Flying High Trust.
- Is outward facing and committed to establishing a strong relationship with parents and the local community.
- Is willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.
- Can share and learn from best practice whilst knowing how to exploit the partnership opportunities we have within the Multi Academy Trust and Teaching School.
If this is you, please get in touch! We wish you all the very best for your application.
Whitecotes Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.