INGLEHURST INFANT SCHOOL
Leadership spine: Point 15-20 (£59,581 to £67,364), dependent upon experience
Start date: 23rd August 2021
Do you have the drive, vision, resilience and energy to provide the best possible education for our children?
Due to the retirement of our Headteacher, the Governing Body of this popular and successful school is seeking to appoint a successor who will continue to nurture children’s potential and who has the dedication and passion to take this vibrant school forward. This is an exciting opportunity to build on the many strengths of our school, maintaining and extending our ‘good rating’ (Ofsted, March 2017).
Inglehurst Infant School is a large one and a half form entry school, with a 65 place part-time Nursery spaces. Located less than one mile from the city centre, the school has a varied population with a large number of different ethnic groups represented and multiple first languages spoken. By celebrating the cultural diversity of our pupils, and placing a strong emphasis on tolerance, respect and understanding of others, we provide a diverse, inclusive and vibrant learning community in which all children are encouraged to be the very best they can be.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Will be an inspiring, dynamic and creative leader with a proven track record of success in Early Years and Key Stage 1
- Has ambition, passion and determination to lead our school, raising standards where required, whilst recognising and maintaining excellence where it is already in place
- Has high expectations for the achievement of every child, raising aspirations for all, as well as for themselves and others
- Ensures a broad, balanced and creative curriculum that meets all of our children’s needs
- Has the proven ability to ensure that standards of teaching and learning are consistently good or better
- Can articulate a clear strategic vision with and has a passion for the school community
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with children, staff, parents and governors
In return, we will offer you:
- the opportunity to work at a school where you feel that you make a difference to young lives every day
- an experienced and committed Senior Leadership Team with high expectations of themselves, staff and children
- a hardworking, determined and committed team of teachers and support staff
- a Governing Board that provides key support and challenge
- a school that is well-managed and in a stable financial position
- the opportunity to develop professionally and personally through excellent networking opportunities, including involvement in a dedicated consortium of local schools who provide a wealth of experience, knowledge, support and advice
We hope to be able to welcome visits to the school prior to the closing date and these may be arranged by contacting Katherine Rayner, interim deputy headteacher via the office email for an appointment. Due to COVID-19, we shall ensure social distancing and safety rules are upheld during all visits.
Please visit our website for further details about our school.
If you require further information, this may be obtained from Human Resources Team, Leicester City Council, First Floor Sovereign House, 17 Princess Road West, Leicester LE1 6TR.
The closing date for applications is 6.00 pm Tuesday 2nd February 2021.
Please note that any application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted. If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be informed by Friday 12th February 2021. If you have not heard by that date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful this time.
Interview Dates: 9th 10th and 11th March 2021 candidates invited for interview will be informed which date they are required to attend.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check. We will require two references from you, one of whom must be your current employer; these will only be requested from the referees if you are shortlisted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.