School: Billesdon Church of England (Controlled) Primary School
Dates: Closing date for applications - Lunchtime 1pm, Thursday 25 March 2021
The interview process will take place on Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 April 2021
(to be held in school or via Microsoft Teams)
Salary: L8-14 (£50,151 - £58,135)
Size: Group 1 NOR 83
Contract: Full time, start academic year 2021/22
Terms: Permanent (with 0.2 teaching commitment)
Status: Ofsted-Good 2017 SIAMS- Good 2020
We are a small village primary school with Christian values at the heart of all we do. Pupils learn, grow and develop in a happy and creative environment supported by an experienced and committed staff team.
Ofsted - 'Pupils have positive attitudes to learning. They are undaunted by any mistakes that they may make in their work, for example in mathematics, viewing these as useful points for learning. Pupils interact well with each other and with the adults who support them effectively in their learning'.
SIAMS - 'Through the establishment of the school’s explicitly Christian vision, leaders have developed a highly inclusive environment where everybody feels safe, valued and able to be the person they want to be'.
We are looking for a dedicated, visionary and approachable professional who will lead our school to become wholly outstanding.
- Enthusiastic, hard- working and well behaved children
- An experienced and supportive staff team
- A committed and energetic Governing Body who will wholeheartedly support you and your professional development
- An active Parents and Friends organisation who contribute positively to the school community
- Well established and effective collaborative working with the Local Authority, the Diocese of Leicester, the South Leicestershire Collaborative Partnership of schools and other schools.
Our new head teacher will have:
- The dedication to achieve the best outcomes for all pupils
- A clear vision for continuous improvement throughout the school
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- The courage to lead, challenge and innovate
- The ability to build on strong links with parents, the Church, the local community and family of schools
This position holds a 0.2 teaching commitment (which may vary, based on the needs of the school). The Governing Body recognises the challenges this will present, especially for new to headship candidates during the first year in post and they will provide the required support including review of requirements where necessary, to ensure the effective execution of the role. Governors warmly invite prospective applicants to visit the school by prior arrangement by telephoning O116 2596327. (Covid - 19 pandemic restrictions permitting).
Our Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).