Appointment of Headteacher at Slater Primary School
Leadership Spine 16-21 (£61,166- £69,031)
The Governing Body of Slater Primary School are looking to appoint a strong leader who can inspire, motivate and develop team members across the whole school community and who can build on existing strong practice and continue to move the school forward, as our Headteacher is retiring.
This is an exciting time to join Slater – the Local Authority are committed to its ongoing success and are investing in the school building. Housing developments locally will increase numbers and support the ongoing growth of this vibrant school.
You will have:
• A good understanding of what outstanding learning is and how to develop practice across the school
• Experience of working with children and families from diverse backgrounds
• The ability to offer both challenge and support in your drive for school improvement
We can offer you:
• A school that is small enough to know each child as an individual and work to help them fulfil their potential
• Well behaved children and supportive parents
• A record of good outcomes for children
• Strong links to the wider community including School Improvement Leicester.
• Supportive governors who believe in a collaborative approach to ensure you and the whole school can be successful.
We hope to be able to welcome visits to the school prior to the closing date and these may be arranged by contacting James Vamplew, Business Manager, for an appointment (please see the school website for contact details). We also strongly recommend that you look at our school website.
If you require further information, this may be obtained from Human Resources Team, Leicester City Council, First Floor Sovereign House, 17 Princess Road West, Leicester LE1 6TR. Please contact the school office for the email address.
Slater Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks which will include an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, are a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations (2009) and other necessary checks.
Applications will close at midday 19.04.2021.
Please note that any application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted. If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be informed by 28th April 2021. If you have not heard by that date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful this time.
Interview Dates: 29th and 30th April 2021, candidates invited for interview will be informed which date they are required to attend.
Slater Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.