Following the retirement of our current Headteacher after six years of successful leadership, a wonderful opportunity has arisen to lead Goetre Primary School along its continuing journey of success and achievement.
The Governing Body is extremely proud of the school’s strong standing in the community and are seeking a leader to build on these links in what can be a challenging environment. The school has developed a strong nurturing ethos that inspires our children to dream big and be extraordinary. The school also hosts three local authority learning bases for children with complex learning needs. Situated in the heart of the Gurnos community in Merthyr Tydfil with excellent road links to the A470 and A465. The current site provides a good learning environment however, within the next three years there are plans to move to a purpose built 21st Century school within the grounds of the partner secondary school.
We are seeking an approachable and forward thinking Headteacher who holds and articulates clear values of inclusion and equality and will continue to work in collaboration with our enthusiastic and hardworking staff team. Are you that person? Do you have the vision, strategy to drive high aspirations for all pupils, overcoming disadvantage, advancing equality with equity, and to strive for successful outcomes so that ‘we all learn together’? If so, we have the job for you.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A strategic thinker with a clear vision for continued success and a proven track record for delivering positive outcomes.
• An innovative and dynamic leader with the ability to motivate and inspire others through effective delegation.
• A leader who will maintain and enhance the positive ethos of the school.
• An individual who knows what excellence looks like and can lead and inspire us in the next phase of our school’s development.
• A leader who can work with us to build our whole learning community.
• An efficient communicator who can build rapport with children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community.
• An individual who is willing to lead the school in technological improvements.
WE CAN OFFER YOU
• A happy, safe, welcoming and healthy environment where children learn whilst being respected and valued.
• A dedicated, motivated and positive staff team who are keen to embrace new ideas whilst strengthening the quality of teaching, learning and wellbeing.
• An exciting new challenge to lead Goetre Primary on its continuing journey towards sustained excellence through the creation of a new school build.
• The opportunity to build on relationships with parents and the local community.
• The opportunity to join an open-minded Governing Body who will support the development of the school and Headteacher.