Headteacher required from 1st September 2019
Pay range L12—L18 £52,414 - £60,755. Salary within this range only, to be agreed at interview. NOR 233 (including nursery class)
Due to our current Headteacher taking up a post as an Executive Head, the Governors are looking to appoint an inspirational Headteacher who is enthusiastic, ambitious and motivated to lead our fantastic team and work closely with our learners, governors and wider community to further improve our school.
We are looking for:-
• Someone who has high expectations of children both academically and socially
• A leader of learning who supports and encourages all staff and children to maximise their potential
• An excellent communicator who will build strong relationships and engage successfully with learners, families and all members of the school community
• Someone who is passionate about education and has the ability to inspire pupils and staff
• Someone who will share and promote the school’s inclusive Christian ethos and vision
• A commitment to working in collaboration with other networks.
• A commitment to work closely with colleagues to further develop their practice and support our reflective, self-improving culture.
• Someone who is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all staff, children and volunteers
We will offer:
• A caring, warm and friendly school
• Keen and motivated learners and supportive families
• An excellent team of reflective practitioners
• A well-resourced learning environment
• Strong links with local community and church
• A supportive and active PTA
• A committed and pro-active Governing body
Visits to our school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school business manager Mrs Teresa Turner to book a visit.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check and two recent references
Closing date for applications: 8th March
Shortlisting: 18th March
Interviews: 2nd & 3rd April
St Barnabas CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.