Burton-Upon-Trent | Staffordshire
Salary: £60,755 - £70,370 (L18 – L24) dependent on experience
Do you want to have an enduring impact on children’s education?
Are you ready to be part of something challenging and exciting?
Do you want to provide exceptional opportunities for learning?
Scientia Academy is looking for a dynamic, passionate and inspiring headteacher with an excellent track record in school development and leadership to lead the success of Scientia Academy into the future and take us on the next stage of its journey to Outstanding!
Scientia Academy is a two form entry school for children aged 3 -11 years old, rated Good by Ofsted with Outstanding features. This is a truly amazing school, with modern purpose built classrooms, a state of the art ICT suite, 4D cinema, extensive library, art and craft rooms in an expertly designed learning environment.
We want our new Headteacher to share our passion for:
• Academic excellence, continuous improvement and innovation
• Making a positive difference to the lives of children
• Consistent high-quality teaching and learning
• Developing our future leadership team
• Working with parents, the community and other schools
• Strategic and commercial vision.
You will need to be a strategic leader who:
• Is a dynamic, and motivational with a proven success record of improving teaching and learning
• Leads by example and has a track record of raising standards and levels of achievement
• Is able to inspire and motivate staff
• Is an excellent, engaging communicator who will develop strong relationships with children, parents and the wider community.
We can offer:
• An exciting challenge where you can truly make your mark
• The benefits of being part of the forward thinking REAch2 Academy Trust - one of the most successful primary Trusts in the country
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our open days being held on the 4th and 9th March 2019 between 9.30am and 3pm at Scientia Academy, Mona Road, Burton Upon Trent, DE13 0UF.
REAch2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is essential for this role.
Application deadline: 15th March 2019
Open Days: 4th & 9th March 2019
Interviews: 01st and 2nd April 2019
Job starts September 2019
Scientia Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.