Mangotsfield Church of England VC Primary School
Headteacher required for 1st September 2019
Pay Range: L24 (£70,370) - L30 (£81,515)
Number on roll: 566
Ofsted Rated: Outstanding
Our current Headteacher is taking retirement after 11 years of tireless and inspirational service at the school. The Governors are seeking to appoint a visionary, experienced and innovative leader with the ambition to continue developing the 'Outstanding' School it is today, whilst maintaining our current ethos and vision.
At Mangotsfield Church of England VC Primary School we have incredible children, demonstrating our Lighthouse Values in everything they do. We are a designated Teaching School and we have a strong and rich history of being recognised as cutting edge in education through use of innovative practice. In 2018 we were designated as one of 32 national DfE English Hubs, serving the South Gloucestershire and Gloucestershire areas.
You will lead a very dedicated, hard-working team; backed by parents and an active governing body. Together we are committed to providing a safe, secure and above all, happy environment where every member of the school community - children, staff, parents and governors alike feel valued and are encouraged to flourish; but especially an environment where children are encouraged to do their best and love to learn whilst securing outstanding results and progress.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
• Is currently an outstanding practitioner and inspirational leader
• Has a proven track-record of success in their current role and experience in a primary setting, raising pupil attainment across the primary phase
• Has experience of and a successful track record of supporting other schools to improve teaching and outcomes
• Has a positive commitment to the vision, ethos and values of a Church of England school
• Supportive of the NEXUS learning partnership and a commitment to continuing to work closely within this group
• Evidence of using data, benchmarks and feedback to monitor progress in every child’s learning and development
• Will empower and inspire staff to be the best they can be, promoting effective teaching and learning, innovation and drive development
• Will optimise the social and emotional development of all our children each day they are in our care
• Is innovative and passionate about improving educational standards
• An excellent communicator who will build upon our good relationships within the school, across partnerships and in the wider community
• Is an approachable individual, encouraging active parental partnership across the school
• Commitment to ensuring that all children, whatever their age, abilities or challenges, achieve their full potential through enjoyment of education
• Someone committed to excellent safeguarding procedures putting the safety of all children first at all times
In return we can offer you:
• Impeccably behaved, courteous and thoughtful children who take pride in their school and embody the Lighthouse Values each and every day
• Children with a genuine desire to learn and further themselves
• The opportunity to lead an Ofsted and SIAMS rated Outstanding School
• The opportunity to lead a designated Teaching school and DfE English Hub
• An excellent team of dedicated and motivated practitioners, passionate about school improvement and improving children's opportunities and outcomes.
• A well-resourced learning environment
• Strong links between our school community and St. James Parish Church
• A very active and involved Friends of Mangotsfield School Group who raise funds for the school and give the children opportunities they otherwise would not have.
• A school that prides itself on its inclusivity.
• A pro-active Governing board who understand the role of being a challenging friend
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including enhanced DBS disclosure checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We warmly invite you to make a visit to our school where you will be able to meet members of staff, children and governors.
Visits to Mangotsfield C of E VC Primary School are welcome on:
Tuesday 19th March at 09:30 or 16:00
Wednesday 20th March at 09:30
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 27th March 2019 at 23:59pm
Shortlisting: Monday 1st April 2019
Interview Day 1: Thursday 4th April 2019, after which successful candidates from Day 1 will be invited back for Day 2
Interview Day 2: Monday 29th April 2019
Mangotsfield Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.