Group 7 - Leadership Scale L27 - L34 (£75,735 - £89,900)
West Gate School requires a Headteacher. (Starting date 22nd August 2019, or earlier by arrangement).
This is a challenging roles that will be highly rewarding to an innovative individual with a desire to inspire and promote excellence.
The school is currently working towards a sponsored Academy Partnership.
About our school:
West Gate is a specialist school for 200 pupils aged from 4 to 19 years who have a very wide range of physical and learning disabilities. Our Community Wing includes a swimming pool, sensory rooms and therapy suites, which can therefore facilitate regular activities for local SEN and the wider community in the evenings and weekends.
Please visit our website to familiarise yourself with our ethos of Learning for Life through Respect, Responsibility, Co-operation and Perseverance.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about high-quality teaching and learning for children of all abilities;
- Has a clear vision to build on current achievements and to continue raising standards;
- Can take a lead in the support and development of the school as it prepares for conversion into an Academy;
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to network to develop positive and constructive relationships with new partners;
- Can work in a multi-professional environment to achieve the highest standard of education for our students;
- Fully understands the demanding nature of SEN provision in education and wider society;
- Is familiar with changes to National Government Policy regarding disability, education, health and welfare;
- Has a clear focus on safeguarding practice and a record of achievement of the best practice.
Our friendly and lively school:
- Has a diverse, hardworking, dedicated and highly qualified staff team, with a supportive Governing Body;
- Has strong links with the wider community;
- Is situated in the multi-cultural City of Leicester;
- Believes in supporting the family to accelerate progress;
- Is part of a close-knit SEN community in the city and into Leicestershire.
Closing Date: Monday 1st April 2019 (noon)
Interview: Interviews are scheduled to take place on Tuesday 9th and Wednesday 10th April 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.