St Paul’s Church in Wales Primary School
‘Learning together through fun, friendship & faith’
"Dysgu gyda'n gilydd drwy hwyl, cyfeillgarwch a ffydd."
Required at St Paul's Church in Wales Primary School, Cardiff
Post Number ED50052752
Full time & Permanent
Start date: 2nd September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
Salary Range ISR L14 – L19 £55,064 - £62,262 PA
The Governing Body wish to appoint a motivated and inspirational Headteacher who will lead our successful school to its next stage of development. We are looking for someone who will work in partnership with our school community and will be committed to further enhance the excellent work and standards. The successful candidate will need to embrace our ethos of learning together through fun, friendship and faith.
The children of St Paul’s would like a Headteacher who is:
• friendly and wants to chat to children but is also firm and fair.
• able to inspire children and teachers to try new things.
• confident to speak to the whole school in a way which we understand and enjoy.
• able to organise a good curriculum that we enjoy.
• knowledgeable and able to make the right decisions.
• kind, caring and there for us when we need them.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher who will:
• communicate a clear vision with regards to shaping and delivering a broad balanced, innovative and creative curriculum within a Church school ethos.
• further develop close partnerships between the school, the Church and the wider community.
• ensure our children’s wellbeing is a priority at all times.
• be committed to the current developments at the school, in particular the school nursery
• can build on our schools achievements and raise standards and expectations
• be a team player who motivates and encourages all members of the school community
In exchange we can offer
• A vibrant, multicultural school community
• A dedicated and hardworking team of staff
• Experienced and supportive Governors
• Friendly, hardworking and enthusiastic children
• Supportive welcoming parents with a strong sense of community
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
We would warmly welcome you to visit our school, please contact us for a visit.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact Connect-2-Cardiff (C2C) on or e-mail for an application pack quoting reference: ED50052752 and the job title.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to HR People Services, Room 463, County Hall, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff CF10 4UW by the closing date.
Closing date for applications: Friday 7th June 12pm noon
Interviews: 13th and 14th June 2019
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
St Paul's C.I.W. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.