The Governors at Beechwood Primary School are looking for an individual who will lead our school with vision, passion and positivity. Are you ready to come and join us and inspire our children to learn? We are looking for an innovative thinker who will inspire and lead the team on our journey beyond outstanding.
Beechwood is a community school in every sense of the word. We are a committed school and community, not only to every child reaching their full potential but for everyone involved to encompass our “love to learn” ethos.
The school has been through an exciting expansion recently taking the school to have the capacity to be 2 form entry over the next few years.
We are extremely proud that our last Ofsted inspection (April 2015) judged the school as outstanding in all areas with all aspects of school recognised as particularly strong. Our successful candidate will be capable of recognising / coaching excellent teaching with a relentless drive for an unparalleled learning environment in the school.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
• demonstrates strong and fair leadership skills;
• can maximise improvement opportunities;
• is approachable and nurturing towards staff, families and children;
• is an inspirational leader with the energy and vision to continue raising standards across the whole curriculum;
• will be inclusive, passionate and creative about teaching and learning and believes in the potential and wellbeing of all children and staff;
• has a strong sense of purpose and drive to build resilience and exemplary behaviour within our children;
• will work alongside governors to ensure their impact on school priorities and continued effective leadership of the school
• will continue to build community and parental engagement
We can offer you:
• An exciting challenge and opportunity to lead and further develop our outstanding school
• The opportunity to work with a committed staff and Governing Body, keen to continue to further develop the school’s enormous potential.
• Pupils with positive attitudes to learning, who are hardworking, caring and proud to attend their school
• a school judged as outstanding in all areas (April 2015)
• a leadership and staff team with a commitment to continued improvement
• a school which is a member of a very effective and innovative Trust of local primary schools
We warmly invite you to visit the school, and would welcome you to visit and answer any questions:
Closing Date: 5th July 2019
Short listing: week commencing 8th July 2019
Assessment/Interview: 18th & 19th July 2019
Please contact school on 0113-2930250 to arrange your visit.
Applicant to contact the school for an application pack by email or telephone
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Beechwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.