St Louis Catholic Primary School
Frome, Somerset, BA11 3AP
Start date: January 2020 or as soon as possible
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: L11 (£51,234) to L17 (£59,265)
Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for NQTs: No
Our aim is to love, wonder and achieve together
St Louis Catholic Primary School is a one-form entry Primary School with a strong and inclusive Christian ethos. We are located in the centre of the popular Somerset town of Frome, voted the best place to live in the South West (The Sunday Times, March 2018), close to the cities of Bath and Bristol and well known for its monthly Independent Market.
The Governing Body of St Louis is seeking an inspirational and outward-facing headteacher to lead our school with enthusiasm, dedication and commitment through the next phase of its development.
We are looking for someone who is
• A practising Catholic, willing to share their Faith and their vision
• Energetic and ambitious, providing strong guidance to motivate, empower and inspire. with a clear vision of excellence in primary education.
• Embracing of new challenges and will capitalise on opportunities presented.
• Keen to foster positive relationships and partnerships with parents, the community and the diocese.
• Aware of advancements in education, developing robust policies which will be effectively implemented.
• Fully committed to safeguarding, inclusivity and equality, ensuring the removal of barriers to learning for all our pupils.
We can offer
• A warm and friendly school, thriving academically and pastorally.
• Talented, happy children, from a range of cultures and nationalities, who are eager to learn, are encouraged to think for themselves and accepting of others.
• Staff who are experienced and enthusiastic and work together as a committed, supportive team.
• Well-informed governors who encourage and challenge.
• A deep sense of family, demonstrated by the pupils’ care for one another.
Closing Date: 22 September 2019
Interviews: 30 September and 1 October 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check
St Louis Catholic Primary School, Frome is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.