PURPOSE OF POST:
Undy Primary School (Learning together, learning for life) has an exciting leadership opportunity due to the retirement of our Headteacher after fourteen years of outstanding service. The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an inspirational school leader to continue in shaping the future of this successful and ambitious primary school. We recently attained Green categorisation which truly reflects the work ethic and committment by all staff and pupils, this however is a journey not a destination and the next leader will join us at a challenging point in the school’s history with rising pupils numbers, a changing community and not forgetting the implentation of a new curriculum.
Governors are committed to appointing a Headteacher who:
- is highly motivated with a vision that ensures that the school continues to develop as a centre of excellence for education;
- has proven leadership, operational and fiscal management, communication and interpersonal skills to promote effective teamwork;
- demonstrates and promotes excellence, equality and high expectations of achievement and behaviour;
- has a proven track record of raising attainment and is passionate about developing the potential of every child;
- is forward thinking, imaginative and visionary, and can provide and develop a nurturing learning environment;
- can build a relationship of mutual respect with pupils, parents, staff and the Governing Body, and
- is resilient and committed to ensuring that the school is at the heart of the community
Closing date for applications: Friday, 6th September, 2019 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday, 11th September, 2019
Interviews: Thursday, 26th and Friday, 27th September, 2019 (2 day process)
Completed paper application forms should be returned to the following address:-
People Services, Monmouthshire County Council, PO BOX 106, Caldicot, Monmouthshire. NP26 9AN
Undy C.P. School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.