Post Title: Head Teacher – Newport High School
Post Ref: NCC5764
Grade: L32 – L38 (£85,605- £ 99,158)
Closing Date: 15/09/19
Required for January 2020, subject to completion of pre-employment and safeguarding checks.
Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding, inspirational and dynamic leader to help us to build on our successes, tackle our challenges and ensure that all our learners continue to flourish.
Newport High is an 11-18 school with 1127 students on roll. Governors are committed to appointing a Head Teacher who:
• Can provide clear, inspirational, ideas for raising educational standards in all departments of the school.
• has the ability to promote a strong and nurturing value base with aspirations for every individual child, teacher and the school community as a whole
• Has the vision and experience to further progress standards and achievements of the school.
• Possesses excellent leadership, management, communication and personal skills
• Has the ability to promote effective teamwork.
• Has the ability to build on the very good links that have been established with the primary/ feeder schools, parents, the wider community and local employers.
Governors will support the successful candidate in all aspects of school life thereby creating a practice of effective learning and development throughout the school and its community.
Please apply online including a supporting statement within your online application indicating how you meet the requirements of the person specification.
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday 15th September 2019 (23.59pm)
Interviews scheduled for Tuesday 24th and Wednesday 25th September 2019
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information and to view the recruitment pack, please visit our website.
Newport City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.